Wednesday, March 7, 2012

a campaigner's day



the door is opened after we knock. we are all smiles as the person behind the slab of wood stares in bewilderment at out entourage. Pops begins his spill: "hi, i'm marshall and i'm running for county commissioner. we were just out knocking on doors in the area trying to meet some people."

there's more and he makes it sound better than it looks on paper. i've known all along he's the man for the job. he goes into his plans for the county when he gets elected and a conversation is born. my duty is to hand out candy with our last name on it. i also am on the sign crew which involves hammering holes in the voters yard and placing our yard sign there {only after their permission}. normally its just Pops and me working together but this day my family, cousins, aunt and uncle are campaigning too. my cousin anna leigh and i make friends with a couple of kids. i ride their little tricycle and we have fun. many people are met, votes are promised and signs put up. sometimes a day campaigning is the best way to spend the day. we eat o'charley's. {because that's just the way of a campaigner's day.}


{give + aways}
the happy hour

13 comments:

Meghan said...

Sounds like fun =]

I love spending time with my grandparents as well!!

Unknown said...

this is awesome! i'm hoping some day my little sister runs for presidnet so i can manage her campaign :)

my dad ran for schoolboard a year or two back and it was funny seeing all these signs aroudn town with my last name on them :)

Nichole said...

Omg look at your dad! how cool is that! What an exciting venture he is on! Praying for the election!

Vicki said...

That actually sounds like a lot of fun! Sounds like he'll make a great commissioner!
Love the pics, too, haha!

~Vicki
deckedoutinruffles.blogspot.com

Trinka said...

The pics are so funny/cute! It looks like you had super fun day! :)

Elisha said...

how come I JUST saw this?! :P I love love that first picture (; <3

Why Girls Are Weird said...

Aw sounds like lots of fun, I love all the pics Memory!

kait said...

wow what a fun family memory, miss memory! haha. I wish your dad the best of luck with his campaign, it sounds like he has such a strong family who already supports him with all they've got!

<3 ka-chow for now!

Marli said...

love, love, love, love, LOVE!!! Yes, it was definitely a grand day. Eww, that salad looks absolutley gross in the picture...definitely better in real life. ;)

xo
purpoaselyathome.blogspot.com

marie said...

I am rooting for your dad. Also rooting that my girls turn out to be daughters exactly like you!

sherri said...

Fun pics! I wish I could seriously hang with you! That would be so fun! And yes outings with the momma is the best. I just went out with my mom for crepes and a movie and it was grand. Have a great day Miss Memory! You're the sweetest :)

The Braided Bandit said...

That is so awesome that you campaign and help your dad out! I'll bet it will teach some seriously valuable skills for the future too! Good luck to him! :)
(candy with your last name , hes got it in the bag!)

Katie said...

I wan't to respond to your comment on my blog yesterday but the email says do not reply so I figured I'd write it here. : ) First of all thanks for the sweet comment. second of all you are a beautiful girl!!! And there are many days when I put on my clothes and am not happy - like yesterday I tried on 10 pairs of pants and hated them all! We all have those bad self esteem days. I am working hard on not comparing myself to others and being thankful for the way God made me. But I get that it is hard - and sometimes shopping sucks! But try again - you are so cute! sorry you had a bad day. : ) and those pb bars would definitely cheer up you - although they're kind of healthy, so for real cheering up i'd back something even better. : )